Friday, May 05, 2006

philvbdev

I subscribed to the philvbdev yahoogroup to see if I could hire VB developers off there. The company I work for is hiring. After I posted though, I started getting all these emails from Indian freshers. There must be a network (or a bot) where newbie South Indian software developers get email addresses and the email addresses spread like wildfire. It's bad enough that if anyone sends me anything with "fresher" in the subject, I'm not going to see that email at all, it'll be automatically deleted [not even spending any time in the purgatory that is my spam mbox or trash].

It's a waste of time for them to be emailing me because we need the developers for local employment and we're not going to be paying anyone to come over from a foreign country to work here (with the attendant problems with visas and such).

I joined the group because I thought it was a forum for philippine VB developers. It looks like it's been abandoned by filipinos though. Very few posts are about VB problems or solutions. Mostly what I see (what I saw, I've since unsubscribed) are spam posts about certifications, certification questions and training, etc.

No comments: