Monday, June 04, 2007

Maybe catching up

I've been away from mailing list email for months because the pressures of work don't allow me to even scan, let alone post, mailing lists. That's too bad. I really enjoy reading on the postgresql-general mailing list, for instance, since there's so much to learn and the signal to noise ratio there is incredibly high. On Plug I think the SNR has also been improving. But I'm not sure about that since, well, I just haven't been reading it. I've looked there once in a while and there seems to have been some improvement.

I'm going away for a two-week vacation with my family. We'll be in Cagayan de Oro, Duka Bay, and Camiguin. CDO, to visit, to prepare for timmy's baptism, and for the actual baptism, Dukay Bay for a break. My parents and brothers and sisters have been there many times, I never have, so we'll go. I may dive there, if they've got a mask with the right corrective lenses. If not, I'm sure we'll be going on the glass bottomed boat.

On camiguin, of course, we'll be diving No camiguin adventure tours> for us though. I've done most of them and timmy can't go with us. I'm really looking forward to diving. Sol hasn't been to Sunken Cemetery or Canyons yet and we've got a divecase now to go with the digital camera, so I want to take a lot of pictures :-). I don't know if the pictures will be good. Visibility might not be so great during rainy season, but it'll be great to take our own dive pictures and videos. Sol wants to do a night dive. That'd be great. The last and only time we did that, it was for qualifying for PADI advanced open water diver. It'll be good to do it again without having to worry about exercises, etc. The last time we had a really great time. There were incredible numbers of lionfish (I guess they come out at night, they're a common sight on camiguin, but they were really out in force that night, we even saw two that were doing the deed, or would have been, if they were mammals :-) and a huge cuttlefish, among a lot of other things. I can't wait to do that again. twice :-).

Oh, wait. This was about catching up. I get carried away sometimes. Back on topic, I'll have two weeks of free time. I'm sure I won't be in front of the laptop the whole time (although sol and I are both bringing laptops, we'll be working too while away) but I'll certainly spend 2 or 3 hours a day catching up.

No comments: