Saturday, April 09, 2011

nload finally working on tonido (sheevaplug) with debian squeeze

I've tried to get nload working on the tonido plug for a while. My tonido runs debian (I didn't want to stick with the old version of Ubuntu that comes standard, to begin with, security updates weren't being provided anymore years ago).

One thing I missed was nload. Whenever I'd try to run it I'd get a segfault.

Finally though (possibly due to a recent apt-get update;apt-get upgrade;) nload is now working without crashing. This is debian squeeze.

2 comments:

namipuk said...

Hi there!

You're right, I hate the fact that they put such an old ubuntu on my tonido plug. How did you install debian on the tonido (internal flash) or do you just boot from a usb stick?

Bopolissimus X Platypus said...

i have a JTAG, so I installed debian squeeze on the internal flash. And then I have an external laptop drive in an enclosure for large files (squid cache, home directories, etc).