Sunday, August 27, 2006

per-site color preferences in mozilla would be nice

I was surfing over to phpPatterns and I couldn't read it. It was in some sort of white over green font that was hard for me to read. At least it wasn't white (or light yellow) on black. But it's still not pleasant to read.

On the other hand, I *really* want to be visiting there regularly. I didn't want to have a separate firefox profile just to view that one site (or those sites which are hard to read due to their color schemes). I might still do that, but I'd rather avoid it if possible. So I thought I'd just go into Preferences|Content|Colors and force all pages to display in black on white.

That works OK. It messes with the tabbed style on, for instance, blogger, so that the line between the editor form and the Edit Html and Compose tabs is not there. I'm sure it messes with lots of other stylish pages too. I think I'm liking this though. I'll stick with it. If I start missing the styles on other pages I may go back, and then I guess I'll read phpPatterns on My RSS reader instead. I don't think that works right though, since I'd need to follow links, and those links wouldn't be in bloglines but would be straight to phpPatterns, and the problem re-emerges.

I would be nice if site color preferences in firefox were configurable per-page. So that when someone's pages goes unreadable, I can force the colors, but just for that page.

No comments: