Saturday, September 03, 2005

Destiny Cable Internet SMS number

To get Destiny Cable Internet to call me (in case of technical problems),SMS to 09175771111 MD [account name] [account phone number]

Very convenient since I have a cell phone and cell phone charges being exorbitant in the Philippines, I'd rather not have to call them. Besides, I don't know what the tech support number is and I'm too lazy to look :-).

It's weird that one has to put one's phone number in there, but I guess that's for people who have landlines. They can put their landline number there. I don't have a landline so it seems a waste to type the number in since they should just call me on my cel and they've already got that when they receive my text.

It's nice to be able to add (after the phone number) some text about the particular problem. So they can look at things on their side (e.g., signal level, problems in my area, etc) before even calling me. Saves me time explaining things, and saves them some telco costs.

No comments: