Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Finally, bluetooth on Linux

I've finally got Bluetooth working in linux. For a while I was just looking at bluez and I couldn't figure out how I was actually supposed to transfer files. I could connect, the pin was right, but I didn't know how to send or receive files.

I installed gnome-bluetooth-manager and I still couldn't figure it out. All that did was see the phone. I couldn't do anything to the phone connection or find a way to transfer files.

Finally though the kdebluetooth RPMs finally made it to my urpmi server and after i did urpmi kdebluetooth I'm now able to transfer files. It took a while to figure out which programs to use (didn't realize that they'd be in the icewm menus too, I'm a moron). But finally found kbtobexclient and was able to transfer a demo java game (J2ME with the wireless toolkit makes development easier, not easy [yet, but i haven't worked on it much yet except to look at the demos], but easier) and actually run it.

No comments: