Wednesday, January 03, 2007

No blogging

Everyone else has blogged about the net being slow. It's usable where I live, and reasonable where I work, so I haven't worried too much about it. Uncharacteristically, I've had things I'd like to blog though, and (this is the uncharacteristic part, normally it doesn't matter) I've been disturbed by the fact that I can't.

All google services have been very slow. Earlier tonight I couldn't even log in to gmail. But because of this generalized google slowness (I could surf to other sites, blogger just wouldn't come up and gmail wouldn't authenticate), I couldn't blog. Now, of course, I've forgotten what I wanted to post about.

I remembered that I could email blog posts to a certain email address and that would work. But it's been a year or more since I last used that. Couldn't remember it. And anyway, I just checked it and the mail-to blogger address had been cleared (due to the switch to the new blogger system I guess, or that was to bopolissimus my other (and first) blogger profile.

I've set up a new mail-to blogger address for this blog now. It's taking a long time to complete though. OK, it's done. I'll need to put those email addresses in my phone or something :-).

No comments: