Wednesday, April 18, 2007

gmail problem

It's close to 8AM in the Philippines now, so around midnight UTC. We just had a short brownout. It's probably because of summer airconditioning power demand. Last night we had a short (less than 10 minutes) brownout too. This is better than when I came back to the Philippines in 1993 or so when there were 8-12 hour brownouts. Summer nights were terrible then.

I was in the middle of drafting an important (timmy's baptism requirements) email on gmail when the power cut out. Now that it's back (again, less than 10 minutes), I can't get to gmail. google.com and here, blogger, are fine. Gmail just isn't replying though. It isn't a DNS issue, the domain resolves. It just isn't replying yet. Ah well, i'll send myself the incomplete draft from one of my other web-based free email addresses.

No comments: