Saturday, February 18, 2006

Java Studio - slow - ridiculously

A colleague at work was using Sun's Java Studio Creator for some prototyping. He was running it on the LTSP server and I noticed that it would sometimes eat 100% of the CPU (well, 50% of the CPU since it's a dual-CPU box, the culprit to be mentioned further on doesn't seem to be a multi-thread issue, at least) continuously, while it was doing nothing (everyone had left for home, no one was working in Java Studio anymore).

That seems like a stupidity, and I thought I'd download it to my own computer so I could see if the behavior would manifest there also.

I've subscribed to the Sun Developer's network though, and I can't log in to where I can download Java Studio. They haven't sent me a confirmation email yet, I can't log in. Seems like some slowness over there at Sun. probably due to java. Damn, I'm getting disillusioned with working in Java.

No comments: