Saturday, February 18, 2006

Title Wrong - ridiculously

So in my previous post the title says that java studio is ridiculously slow, and then I forgot to mention that fact in the rest of article. On Saturdays I lose my brains.

Anyway, when my colleague was showing me the class diagrams that he developed in Java Studio, I couldn't stand the fact that scrolling across the diagram space, zooming in, and dragging items from one place to another was slow. It wasn't really unusably slow, but it was irritating to anyone used to how fast dragging things in Konqueror (itself slow enough that I never use it, even on a fast box, but a good comparison because, despite it being slow, Java Studio is slower) is.

Maybe things will get better on my own computer though. I'm still waiting for the sun Developer Network site to let me in though, before I can download and test Java Studio Creator. Maybe under strace, in case that can show what's making it slow (I doubt if it'll help, but it's a weekend, I can spend the time looking at strace :-).

No comments: