Thursday, June 08, 2006

devshed rss

I use Bloglines as my RSS reader (too lazy to find standalone RSS readers for Linux). I had DevShed in there, but I find that it doesn't seem to be a good RSS citizen, or maybe I'm just doing something wrong.

With other feeds, as soon as I even click on the folder in bloglines, the articles are marked read and when I go to bloglines again, I don't see those articles as unread anymore. Devshed articles aren't like that. The same articles keep coming up as new even though I've read them already. Not sure what that's about. I've already removed it from my list of feeds and I don't care to add them again to debug the problem. My guess is, though, that they allow comments to update the feed. Most other sites (e.g., digg) don't.

It's really no big deal, but even the little effort required to look there and notice that I've read the articles already is too much for me, I'd rather not see anything there anymore than have to go through tomorrow seeing the same articles about how to optimize mysql or how to implement a socket server in php.

No comments: