Saturday, February 10, 2007

Inexpensive dental care

I need to take next off to work on a special project and I decided to also have a whole lot of dental work done. The main work to be done is to have my front teeth porcelain capped. Some of them are capped already, but due to discoloration of one of my front teeth, I had the cap similarly discolored.

My wife's family has a great family dentist and with the cost of caps being very low, I've decided to have a lot of those teeth capped. I'm unsmiling just now because my four upper front teeth have been filed down and they don't have temporary caps yet :-). Those will be in tomorrow. And then the permanent caps will be fitted on Tuesday and fixed up the rest of the weak so that the bite works well.

I'm not sure when I'll have the other 5 or 6 lower front teeth capped. Maybe immediately after, or maybe during a future week off. I think it'll be immediately after though. I just don't have so much vacation that I can afford to spend 2 weeks off waiting for my teeth to get done :-).

The 4 upper front teeth are going to cost me only $260 or so. That's really cool. Altogether, all 9 or so teeth will cost me less than having one cap in the U.S. (well, back when I was there and had a cap done, I don't know what prices are anymore).

No comments: