Monday, February 19, 2007

Installing KDE Again

I'm installing KDE again, for real, on my wife's new Thinkpad. I'm embarrassed http://monotremetech.blogspot.com/2007/02/installing-kde.htmlto note that konsole *does* have a "New Window" option under Session. Maybe I was just confused the other day. Or what I meant was that there's no way to open a New Window in one simultaneous keystroke (e.g., Ctrl-Shift-N with the gnome terminal).

Or maybe it's in there somewhere, I just haven't used it enough to see what it is.

This is a lovely laptop. Only 1.75Ghz, but that's fast enough for most things not gaming related. And there's 1GB of RAM, so everything runs much better. The previous laptop (which will be going on sale) had 256MB of RAM. That's just not enough. I'm going to receive a memory upgrade of that soon though, so it'll be a lot easier to sell with 1GB of RAM in there. The Thinkpad keyboard is great, it's got a mousepad AND a touchpoint and, because of how those are placed on the keyboard, there are two left click, and two right click buttons. It's going to be a pin to get used to where the Insert/Delete/Home/End/PgUp/PgDn buttons are, but sol will get used to it. And it won't be hard to get used to it, I think. Easy for me to say though, since I'm not the one adjusting :-)

No comments: